1:54 AM | Author: kaushik
my room is never clean, except during exam times. Just before the exams, I have this urge to clean my room. In my mind, I have a unique place assigned to each and every item that I own in my room. But, almost all the time, none of these items are there where they are supposed to be, and for this, i have my own version of Murphys law: "If I want some item badly, I will never get it. It will show up sometime when I absolutely do not need it, or when I have forgotten that I need that item!".

But, come exam time, I like my room, as clean as a clean room in a fabrication company :-D. I just cannot start studying, if there are clothes lying on my chair or the bed, my locker is a mess, and my table has books/notes/note-books/photocopies/loose papers on just about all the courses I have taken in the semester. Just so that, I study and pass the exams, I have to start a clean-up drive everytime, just 2 days before the exam.

I am posting a few pics of my room before the cleaning drive!




On saturday, when I finally started cleaning my room, I called the "room-clean guys to work on my room. When that guy entered the room, his first comment (translated into english by me) was "How do you even manage to spend a minute in this room!". I was pretty angry at him. Agreed, my room was a mess, but who was he to comment, and that too comment so sarcastically. So with a superior air, I told him (again translated to english):"Quietly do your job". Well, he found a couple of spiders in my room!
After the room clean guy went, I got to my job. Stacked up the clothes in the laundry bag, cleaned the mess on my table, put new pillow covers and bed-spreads, and finally, this is how my room looked:



Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 comments:

On 9:07 AM , Y said...

Hmmmm...Just a thought IIT's need to provide better rooms.
and was that PC from Zenith?

 
On 11:26 AM , kaushik said...

u c, the hostel that i live in was built in 1960/70....so chalta hai...
and the pc is frm pcs and it says pcs orion. is zenith a product of pcs, or is it a company? forgive my innocence.

 
On 12:52 PM , kaushik said...

hiren: lovely principle KASH...guess, u pointing to my messy room in normal days...i have to improve on trying to keep my thingd in order.

DD: guess, living in a dirty room is in the blood of hostelites.....

 
On 10:37 PM , Akanksha said...

nice eco cleaning drive.. if i get a new room today even i'll clean it up.. mayb i'll try to upload a few pics too!

 
On 3:32 AM , kaushik said...

akanksha: thnx for visiting...generally females keep their rooms a lot more cleanser....anyways waiting for the pics

 
On 11:54 AM , Yadhvi said...

hey,
that reminds me of my room!! It was a 2-in-one-room...and at exam times, we'll have one bed full of books/clothes that one of us have to lie on the floor!

 
On 2:14 PM , kaushik said...

yadhvi: he he he....

 
On 12:22 AM , Unknown said...

well.... i remember your old room mate and certainly ur guru who taught you how to survive in a clumsy place.... good to see that you still remember that... he he he!!!!

anyways i remembered Chamundi E-17 (or whatever was the room number) after seeing your room....

 
On 2:11 AM , kaushik said...

hey anshu bro:
those were amazing days, were it not...chamundi 212,
it is not the same man, living without a room-mate:-(

 
On 2:25 AM , AWY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
On 2:27 AM , AWY said...

oh god !!!
a kindred soul!!!
i also have this cleaning urge only before exams. its weird and most of the time, i am content to leave stuff where they fall but the day before the exams(is when i start studying)i absolutely cannot concentrate unless my books are neatly arranged and stray clothes are put away...

nice blog by the way...