11:55 AM | Author: kaushik
Vidya's post, reffered me to a book called God's Debris. Half way through the book, simulated me to sit up and start typing down my views on GOD.

Well, I define GOD as my answer to facts that are unexplicable, to some chain of events to which I cannot relate any particular reason/person/groups of person etc, to some greater power, to whom I bow helplessly. For me GODs action, is the unexpected/unexplained chain of events that changes my life, that gives my mind clarity when I desperately seek it, that unexplainable feeling which boosts my confidence just before my exams when I silently say "GOD, just please only the stuuf I know should come in the exam".

The following example that I am going to use, is often told ( I guess, I dont quite recall who told me all this). GOD is the humanification of the unseen/unexplained forces of nature. This is what the PAGAN relegions were all about. Earliest man was afraid of fire, rain etc, he did not know how to use it, how to tame it, it always did him harm, and so to he personified FIRE as a GOD!

Further,I believe that GOD and relegion are not mutually inclusive. Each man , I believe should have his own GOD, his own definition of GOD, and his own set of private rules to be laid for his relationship with GOD, while religion on the other hand, is something which is COLLECTIVE.

The concepts of relegion, is a way to collectively rule people. Come to think of it, our relegion is just a set of rules which lays out how we should live in harmony with our fellow humans. It is like the CONSTITUTION of ancient kingdoms. Just like, two countries who do not agree with eachother on various issues, end up being in war, the different relegions of the world are in WAR.

Earlier politicians connected relegion to GOD, because if by doing so, they were able to make the common man believe that, they are living by a moral code of GOD, because of the fact that GOD was a personification of forces of which man was frightened. In the same light, festivals were 'invented' so that the king could give joy to his subjects, and concepts like sin/paap, punya etc were created, to give a "MORAL' man, his "CIVIL" codes.

I also believe, how this theory gels with some history, mainly that of the CHURCH repressing science, the stories of copernicus and galileo and all or that of ISLAM and its codes for women or caste system followed by the hindus etc etc.

afterall, if GOD were omni-present/potent etc etc, why should there be so mant definitions for that one thing which is all dominant and why are people fighting over which GOD is the real GOD.

what do you think?
Category: |
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On 11:56 PM , kairosnow said...

very interesting thoughts. Enjoyed reading this post.

 
On 12:49 AM , Jagan said...

u r writing on a sensitive issue ...how come ppl havmt commented much on it ?

 
On 3:44 AM , kaushik said...

jagan: donno why, mayb u should tell ppl to read this :-D
chez:thanks

 
On 11:30 AM , paurna said...

interesting thoughts kaushik ..just talking bout relgion raises eyebrows in this country.hence i am not surprised that not many have commented on ur blog bout this topic

 
On 12:33 PM , kaushik said...

paurna: thnks for reading it....it is a very sensitive topic...i agree...but i guess i kinda ventured into such a topic very early in my blogging career w/o a reader base!!!!